Thursday, March 31, 2011

Cycling Wizards

One of the great mysteries to me of cycling, is how few pro’s have, or have had a proper beard. For “proper beard”, read a big bushy Ned Kelly number. Definitely no sculptured goatee’s. Now I would accept a Sean Connery, well groomed beard, but even these are hard to find.

I knew that Sean Eadie, Aussie sprint star of the late 90’s to early 00’s had a good one, but I always thought that he was trying to be a bit clever by half and that it was an image thing rather than a real love of the fluff that drove him.

Just when I had given up hope of a pro beard bearer, I can across something that frankly shocked the hell out of me. It was not just a bad beard by cycling standards, but was possibly the worst beard I have ever seen in any arena.

For those who need a scary example of why personal grooming should be taken seriously, lest a picture be taken of you that will lead to your mocking for years after the offence took place, I present you with Chris Horner in his Mercury days. Rock on Merlin.

No comments:

Post a Comment